From the WordPress Blog, the latest version of WordPress (2.1) has just been released. Here are some of the features that I am excited about seeing in the new version:
- Autosave makes sure you never lose a post again.
- The new tabbed editor allowing authors to switch between WYSIWYG and code editing instantly while writing a post.
- The lossless XML import and export makes it easy for you to move your content between WordPress blogs.
- New search engine privacy option allows you take you to indicate your blog shouldn’t ping or be indexed by search engines like Google.
- You can set any “page” to be the front page of your site, and put the latest posts somewhere else, making it much easier to use WordPress as a content management system.
- Links in your blogroll now support sub-categories and you can add categories on the fly.
- More AJAX to make custom fields, moderation, deletions, and more all faster. My favorite is the comments page, which new lets you approve or unapprove things instantly.
- Pages can now be drafts, or private.
- Our admin has been refreshed to load faster and be more visually consistent.
- The dashboard now instantly and brings RSS feeds asynchronously in the background.
- The upload manager lets you easily manage all your uploads pictures, video, and audio.
Some of the features are things that I had wished were there before, and am glad to hear they will be available and look forward to working with the new software. If anyone has any reviews or initial opinions, please comment here. I'll also try to track reviews as they appear as well.